What do I need to participate in Virtual Training?
- Internet connection
- Computer, tablet or mobile device with a camera & microphone (headphone with a mic is recommended for phones & tablets)
- Ability to download Zoom app
What platform do you use for Virtual Training?
We use Zoom.
How do I join my virtual session?
Each time a session is scheduled, you will receive a meeting invite with a link to join your upcoming session. While you are not required to download the Zoom app, we recommend using it to access key features of the meeting software to maximize your Virtual Training experience.
This link takes you to Zoom's instructions (written and video) for joining a meeting.
Some other helpful tips on sound settings:
Here are some things you will need for your Virtual Pet Training:
- Pen & notepad
- Small, soft, bite-sized treats, canned food or other lickable treat.
- Favorite toys
- Pet bed or mat
- Collar and leash (for dogs), harness and leash (for cats, if needed)
- Clicker (recommended)
- For some training, 4-6 small, expendable plates/lids/bowls (I like using butter dish lids or something similar. Your pet may damage them trying to pick them up)
- Some way to mark off the area of the room that will be visible to your camera.
- Other items you may need for training certain behaviors. (i.e. nail trimmers, brush, etc.)